1. To achieve an overall citizen participation in home waste separation and selective waste collection. It allows higher rates in recycling waste collected, higher quality, and to reduce the amount and biodegradability of the Rest waste that goes to a final treatment (disposal or others).
2. To facilitate home waste separation and selective waste collection participation:
a. Waste collection services closer to the users (citizens and trades) because waste is collected at the door. Schedules collection suitable to each waste fraction and each kind of user.
b. Give material and tools to sort out the waste in a
comfortable way: aired buckets for organic waste, compostable bags,
informative serials and cards to remember the collection schedule, etc.
3. To difficult non separation options to user. Rest waste
collection limited to a fair and just necessary service (1 or 2 per week
4. To achieve a cleaner town: street containers withdrawal overflowings and bad smells are avoided and public space is won.
5. To attain a quality municipal waste management system:
from a political and social point of view (acceptance, conflicts
reduction, social participation), technical (clear and transparent
criteria and goals), and economical (optimization and distribution of
economic costs, medium and long term well funding, etc).
6. To achieve a higher civic consciousness about waste and environment impacts and management issues.
What’s DtD selective waste collection?
Door to door selective waste collection (DtD) consists on letting the waste - previously sorted out in origin - to collection municipal service. The waste has to be disposed in front of our home’s door, in predefined days and hours for each waste fraction collected.
DtD is a selective municipal waste collection system based on
some criteria: waste owners (citizens, shops and trades, etc) has to
sort out waste in several fractions, but instead letting them in street
containers permanently remained on the public way, the waste is
collected in the generation point directly (houses or trades doors).
Waste collection is base in a predefined calendar. Minimum control and
follow-up is possible to be made.